PDA

View Full Version : spring pull bar vs. bushing pullbar

jamminjayman5
01-26-2014, 06:17 PM
What is everyone's opinions on which is best on a 4/4 on a small 3/8 with tight corners and tack in the heats and going dusty slick halfway through the feature also on kk704 tires.

Lizardracing
01-26-2014, 08:44 PM
The car doesn't know or care. All it feels is the rate. Bushings tend to more progressive in rate than springs and often bushing have less travel. There's no right or wrong answer here as there are too many variables and you haven't listed anything about what the car is doing vrs what you want it to do.

jamminjayman5
01-28-2014, 09:03 PM
If there is anything that it would need it would be more initial bite, but it may not need anything I've just went through and put all new birdcages and integra shocks all the way around. I was just trying to get thoughts on what people like and see if I thought it was even worth spending the money to try a bushing pullbar

RRR_Products
01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
If there is anything that it would need it would be more initial bite, but it may not need anything I've just went through and put all new birdcages and integra shocks all the way around. I was just trying to get thoughts on what people like and see if I thought it was even worth spending the money to try a bushing pullbarThere are many types of pull bars out. Springs, biscuits, and both. A pull bar simply absorbs energy. If concerned about weight a bushing bar is lighter. If you want linear rate a spring is needed. If you want progressive bushings are more tunable than a spring. If you want what lasts a spring will usually last longer. The problem with some pull bar bushings is the compounds used to create the bushings. There is a specific way to manufacture these properly. Most bushings we've tested lack rebound due to improper manufacturing specs. Find out where your bushings come from and if they have the highest rebound possible. This information you will most likely have trouble finding or the company will not know. But bushings tend to store the energy and not dissipate as much energy or lack in rebound which causes a loss of initial pre load. You only want to compress a bushing so far. Usually 25% deflection is what a bushing likes most otherwise they tend to crack much sooner. So a bar that has more bushings is better and more tunable. But it is all preference to the driver. I personal want the lightest bar possible and most tunable that has a good life span.