PDA

View Full Version : 3 link mod harris chassis

2000harris
01-28-2014, 09:46 AM
i have a harris chassis and it my first time run 3 link mod so my question is what do you guy think of my setupand what to try cause im new to mods so here this what i got so far on the front my spring rates are lf 600 and rf 550 and for the rear i have a 38 in pull bar solid adjustable to 2in right to left on top of the rear end right now it center my j bar is adjustable from 20in to 23in it mount about 1/2 in ahead the pinon so it dont bind my bars are 17 in lr and 17 1/2in on rr my spring rate on the left is 175 lbs on bsb slider mount in front of the rear end and the shock mounted on behind the rear on the right i have coil over 175 lbs mounted in front of the rear end gear is a 6.20 engines size max 360 cu 2 barrel carb 10.1 1% error and falcon trans any info on bar angle or j bar or pull bar angle or mounting my bars or any other info will help i run 3/8 semi bank clay track most of the time tacky in the main depinds on car count

imca37
01-28-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm running about the same kind of car but I have my RR on a coil over behind the axle. Everything I read is that the RR needs to be either on top of the axle or behind because if it is in front of the axle you will unload the spring when entering the corner. I also moved my brackets closer to the rear so my links are shorter. Put your pull bar at 20 degrees and put your J bar at a 5-7 inch rake. right link 5 degrees uphill to the front and left link at 15 degrees to start. I think you would like a stiffer spring for the left rear. Around a 225 so you can drive off that left rear coming off.

clbaker25x
01-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Disagree on the stiffer left rear for sportmod. The softer your left rear is the more it will help the car get up on the bars. He could actually go softer on the left rear than what he is, we were with our car.

2000harris
01-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks I'll try putting the coil over behind on the right rear of the alxe just need to know of any angles or if I'm doing something wrong here thanks again

bobbychavira
02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Yes putting the coil opposite to the right of the axle would help you a lot, if it had, then share your experience.