PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever at Boyd's Speedway Postponed

bidmor
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Although the weather forecast was looking much more cooperative for this Saturday’s Cabin Fever race at Boyd’s Speedway, I just received a text from new co-owner Dale McDowell that the event has been reluctantly postponed for one week due to icy conditions at the speedway. The concern, according to McDowell and General Manager Gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son, was that the extreme cold would combine with icy conditions to make the racing surface to difficult to get worked in by the scheduled practice date Friday, January 31.

“There's still a big sheet of ice on parts of the speedway this afternoon (Wednesday), and temps are still supposed to dip well below freezing tonight,” McDowell said. “Rather than risk the track being improperly prepared, I’d rather wait one more week and prepare the racing surface to the standards the Boyd’s racers and fans have become accustomed to.”

All times and rules remain unchanged. Open practice will be on Friday, February 7, from 6-9 pm. Gates will open on race day, February 8, at 10 am, with hot laps scheduled to begin at 12.

We apologize for the delay, but believe this is in the best interest of everyone involved, and will result in much better racing experience.

On a more personal note, I’d like to thank Richard Harvey and Robert Harvey, along with Gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son, for bringing a dilapidated old speedway some six years ago from the brink of extinction to the premier place it has become. You guys had a vision, and invested your time, treasure, not to mention your blood, sweat and tears, to make Boyd’s Speedway the best speedway in the area. Without you, the last six years would probably not have happened, and another grand old facility would have been laid to rest. Thank you, gentlemen.

As Boyd’s enters its sixty-second year of continuous racing, I’m looking forward with great anticipation as new owners David Duplissey and Dale McDowell take the reins, and Saturday night racing becomes a reality.

Stay tuned, race fans. More history is about to be made at Boyd’s.

Steve Milling
Boyd’s Speedway Track Announcer

LMPunk
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM
That's a bummer. They'll lose the Ray Cook types now.

DeannaJHigh
01-30-2014, 12:31 AM
That was not supposed to happen i guess.