PDA

View Full Version : Scammer help?

Wheelman33
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I have a dude that wants to buy a block from me. I got an email from paypal saying that if I front the money to the shipper then my account would be credited the selling price plus the shipping cost.

Every other time I've sold something I get the total amount credited to my
Paypal account and then just ship it.

Sound legit? Anyone else done this b4?

Thanks for the help guys!

riddle28
02-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Same thing happened to me selling a pit cart has he said he has some weird job and uses weird grammar?

powerslide
02-02-2014, 01:31 AM
If they won't talk on the phone it's an easy give away.

race21j
02-02-2014, 04:47 AM
It is a scam, paypal DOES not do things that way. Look at the link very carefully.I had on try that and the link went to paylpal. He said it was paypal international. If ( when ) you pull out of the deal they will threaten you with legal action.I always tell them good luck.

SS95
02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
If it does not sound right ...IT IS NOT RIGHT . Get on the phone with the buyer and find out who or what are you dealing with . As far as my experience with Paypal it does not operate that way ...

merc123
02-03-2014, 09:13 AM
PayPal is a money processing agency. Their sole job is to process payments. They do not care about shipping.

You should receive the full amount of money you are expecting in PayPal. Do not believe an e-mail they sent you confirming receipt. Go verify if by logging into PayPal.com directly (not through the link in the e-mail). Being a verified address and sender also protects you some what on charge backs.