PDA

View Full Version : Metric lower trailing arms

Dirtwiz
02-02-2014, 04:02 AM
I go back to thinking that the rear end of the car has as much to do with the way the car turns than the front. And with that being said, it makes me wonder what would happen if one of the lower trailing arms were shorter than the other. I believe the car would free up if the drivers side were to lead and tighten up if the passenger side were to lead.... Anyone have experience?

3dinterceptor
02-05-2014, 01:14 PM
some articles "in dirt track monthly magazines" i been reading says short left/stock left and longer or LOOSE right...the theory being as you slow down/brake the left goes towards the back of the car as you ease off the brake it goes to a center/neutral position and when you gas on it it lets the rearend move forward thus in turn helping the car corner, exactly opposite of what the lim / mods do when they tuck the left rear under on acceleration. i havent tried it.

Racer96m
02-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Take this for what its worth. Leave the arm lengths stock. Playing with the lengths will only cause a bind in the Metric 4 link and cause more trouble. If you want it to rotate better going in, add left side weight.

Dave

dirtplay18
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I agree with racer 96m, changing the lengths makes for an in-consistent car. Keep the rear end square all the time.