PDA

View Full Version : RR Spring behind the Rear End

Colorado #28
02-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Good evening...I was wondering why you would put a RR Spring behind the rear end instead of in front of it like I see most 4 Bar cars? What are the Pro's and Con's of doing this? Thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Good evening...I was wondering why you would put a RR Spring behind the rear end instead of in front of it like I see most 4 Bar cars? What are the Pro's and Con's of doing this? Thanks

Behind on a clamp bracket would make for tight entry and exit.

Behind on birdcage would make for a very soft wheel rate, poor sidebite, and lots of lf wheel toting action.

Colorado #28
02-07-2014, 04:13 PM
MasterSBilt, So what your saying is that it is useless for the spring to be behind the Rear-end?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Anything can work in the right situation. On the clamp might work for a stop and go deal.

Colorado #28
02-08-2014, 08:51 AM
MasterSbilt, Ive never raced the car yet. This is the set up that the car came with. I asked the seller why he had the spring behind the RR and he said it was easier for him to drive...That's the reason i was asking the question..The RR spring is on the Bird Cage. Should I leave it there or move it forward in front of the Rear End? Thanks

MM90
02-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Did the guy win a bunch of races with it setup like that?

racin6mod
02-08-2014, 01:19 PM
A local builder here does this with his cars seems to work very well early in the year and late they don't do to well in the dry slick. I would say the side bite issue hurt them in the summer months. those cars have a rocket chassis with metric front clips.

Colorado #28
02-08-2014, 02:03 PM
MM90.....I was told by him that he did win some races...

racin6mod....Thanks for that info also. I guess i can leave it like it is and race it first and see how it does. Thanks for everybody's help...