PDA

View Full Version : Turned Stub

7uptruckracer
02-07-2014, 09:16 AM
How can I determine if I'm dealing with a turned stub modified?

zeroracing
02-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Typically the midplate is square, drop plumb bobs from it them create a straight edge. Some claim midplate may not be square in Certian cars... They almost have to be or multiple drivetrain alignment issues can come up. This is assuming the car itself is straight.

Or call the manufacture and they should be able to tell you, if they won't tell you front but will tell you rear (many will say rear is 1/2" this way...) then you can measure wheelbase and tell...

JustAddDirt
02-07-2014, 10:57 AM
plum bob down to ground off the motor plate on both sides.
draw line across side to side. connecting the 2 marks from plum bob
plum bob off the ball joint zerk down to ground
draw lines from side to side. connecting the 2 marks from plum bob
measure between lines to determine if stub is turned.

7uptruckracer
02-07-2014, 12:37 PM
It had custom lowers that I wouldn't trust using the zerks as a reference just sorting this car out STILL so could I use a frame point like a stock hole as a reference?

RRR_Products
02-07-2014, 01:07 PM
What stub? Do the lowers line up front and rear mounts if you had a straight line though them?

7uptruckracer
02-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Impala, as far as a know per rules our lower mounts have to remain untouched but they are altering lower anti dive

RRR_Products
02-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I've seen a few where the clip is turned between front and rear mount at around the coil bucket. have to alter front mount portion of a arm. Saw you put it had a funny arm as I've run into a similar situation.

7uptruckracer
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
They took the impala lowers cut the ball joint sleeves telescoped one and welded the Chrysler sleeves in it's a mess I'm going to get him to get stock ones back we aren't on good terms with the builder