PDA

View Full Version : New to IMCA Hobby Stocks. Combo questions

marscar
02-15-2014, 11:11 AM
I currently race in Wisconsin in a Pure Stock division on dirt. We run 305's, TH350's, 7.5 rear ends with drum brakes, Hoosier 35's, Holley 500 on pump gas and 3200 lbs. Stock shocks and springs... We've won a lot of races and a championship this season.. Now I'm moving to MN and I'll be racing a Hobby Stock at Arlington, Fairmont, Redwood etc.... They're all flat, black dirt half miles. I'll be running the 602 Crate, but what else should I be using for transmission/rear end combinations.... I run Moser axles in my 7.5, and they're lighter then the 9in... So without having to change gears between these tracks, I was thinking of going that route, but what tranny do you pair it up with and what final rear end ratio would you use...? Right now I run on 1/4 up to 3/8 miles tracks with 2.56s, I adjust to each track with different tire sizes and always turn around 5900-6100

stockcar5
02-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I currently race in Wisconsin in a Pure Stock division on dirt. We run 305's, TH350's, 7.5 rear ends with drum brakes, Hoosier 35's, Holley 500 on pump gas and 3200 lbs. Stock shocks and springs... We've won a lot of races and a championship this season.. Now I'm moving to MN and I'll be racing a Hobby Stock at Arlington, Fairmont, Redwood etc.... They're all flat, black dirt half miles. I'll be running the 602 Crate, but what else should I be using for transmission/rear end combinations.... I run Moser axles in my 7.5, and they're lighter then the 9in... So without having to change gears between these tracks, I was thinking of going that route, but what tranny do you pair it up with and what final rear end ratio would you use...? Right now I run on 1/4 up to 3/8 miles tracks with 2.56s, I adjust to each track with different tire sizes and always turn around 5900-6100

i think you will be better of running a 9in and changing gears. fairmont has alot of banking and is very fast. arlington is banked and fast as well but smaller than fairmont. redwood is flat smaller and normally dry. all 3 tracks take a different gear.