PDA

View Full Version : R2C Prefilters

72Dubya
02-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Just got one of the new R2C filters, needing a prefilter for it, but I am confused on how they apply them. I have always ran the prefilter so that it is on the outside of the filter bases, but all the pictures of the R2C one have it mounted to the filter element, and inside the bases. Is this the correct way to do it, because I can see a lot of opportunity for dirt to get in between the bases and prefilter material.

Also, 4 inch element, so I should get the 4 inch prefilter, right? (dumb question but I have never used R2C before so I don't know haha.

Leftterns
02-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Which filter did you get? We had the wrong one the first time we began using them. We use the big 4" Late Model filter with the two seals on either side. The prefilter part number ends in A1.

I was told never to put the prefilter between the filter and the base or the top. Always over each. They spent lots of time and money designing the seals and the outerwear between them can cause dirt leakage

72Dubya
02-16-2014, 12:23 AM
I have always heard that was well, just all the pictures have shown it like that. And I have the 4 inch with the new filter media, R10522 is the part number. Should I just do it like I always have and put the prefilter over the bases? And would the 4 inch one be enough to stretch that far?

Leftterns
02-17-2014, 07:25 AM
That's the same filter we use. The problem we had was that the first prefilter was made for the standard 4" filter. It did not fit because the R10522 is bigger in diameter. We got the prefilter with the A1 part number and it fits over everything great. Wait 'til you start running with this set up. Look at the carb and intake. Better than we could have imagined. We had the oil tested and the report came back with no dirt.

72Dubya
02-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Awesome. Thank you for all of your help! I will get it ordered right away if I find the right one.

Is this one it: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/R2C-Performance-0210A1-Competiton-Series-Oversize-Prefilter,41720.html

Leftterns
02-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Awesome. Thank you for all of your help! I will get it ordered right away if I find the right one.

Is this one it: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/R2C-Performance-0210A1-Competiton-Series-Oversize-Prefilter,41720.html

That's the right prefilter.

72Dubya
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Just got it ordered. Again, thanks for all your help!