PDA

View Full Version : American Racer vs Hoosier

skinsrob
02-16-2014, 07:18 PM
open tire rule what is the best open wheel tire out there? best soft and medium? Main difference in the two tires thanks.

diggindirt
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
We've won on both brands and there are a lot of variables. In a nutshell for us, we've found the Racers will fire quicker and will loose speed quicker than the Hoosiers once hot. At one time the Racers used to be narrower as well. When we stacked 4 Racers next to 4 Hoosiers the Hoosier stack was 6" taller. I think AR fixed that and both are now the same width.

Personally I like the Hoosiers better for the tracks I run unless it's cold or the tracks keeps a decent amount of moisture in it, then we'll run the AR's. Dry Slick or any track that builds heat in the tires we like to run the Hoosiers. Of course a person who understands how to sipe and cut a tire can make either tire last and fire when they need them to.

I also like the being able to get the soft, Medium 100, Medium 200 and Mediums with the Hoosier.

skinsrob
02-26-2014, 10:45 PM
anybody else

sirleafalot
02-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Ask heavy duty, who is Donnie Adams, he has extensive experience with both and will be a ton of help

powerslide
02-27-2014, 08:29 AM
It will depend alot on how the dirt is around your area as well.

HEAVY DUTY
02-27-2014, 08:36 AM
The open AMRA Hoosiers are a good tire, as well as the American Racers. You need the right rubber type and compound for the racetrack you are on. Some types of rubber works better on certain types of dirt, regardless of hardness. This is where the local tire dealer can help. I would watch and see what was winning, before deciding which tires to run. If your choice is between the UMP Hoosier and the American Racer, the AR would be better, unless there is a lot of rock in the track which will cut them down easier, due to the thinner sidewalls ( good for sidebite)