PDA

View Full Version : Front to Rear Alignment

spray004
02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
How many inches should the RF stick out from the RR. Also what about the LF and LR. Should they be tracking even or should the LR be inset from the LF? This would be on an '05 TNT chassis.

I see a lot of late models that look to have their RF sticking about 2-3" wider than their RR so I'm trying to figure out what other cars typically run.

Matt49
02-19-2014, 10:24 AM
How many inches should the RF stick out from the RR. Also what about the LF and LR. Should they be tracking even or should the LR be inset from the LF? This would be on an '05 TNT chassis.

I see a lot of late models that look to have their RF sticking about 2-3" wider than their RR so I'm trying to figure out what other cars typically run.

This is all going to depend on control arm lengths, spindles, wheel offsets, axle tube lengths, and the lateral location of the rear end (set by the j-bar length). Follow the guidelines provided by your chassis manufacturer on these parameters and go with it.

fastford
02-19-2014, 12:09 PM
left side in line and right rear in 2 inches worked best for me on my 06 tnt, every now and then on a real dry slick track , I would use 2 in spacer on left rear, but never really liked that.