PDA

View Full Version : weights and placement

oldgold
02-25-2014, 09:16 AM
not understanding weight and placement. I always thought weight was between wheels.
i have seen weigh stacked up on rear frame rail ,in front of rear tire,on all 4 corners and some in the middle of the car. what determines where you place it. my division says 50% rear max on 3500 car.55% left side so on a metric I have to stack it along frame rails but see some cars with it on right and left front frame rails .is there a procedure for placement. also i race asphalt.

MM90
02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
If they don't have a max Left side, then stack your weight on the left. Most asphalt cars run around 49% rear. And since it's asphalt mount it as low as you can. Get it on the scales and start moving lead around. That's really what dictates where lead will go.

stock car driver
02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
46-48 rear on asph. max left of rules 55 -56% is the normal rules.

you want it all in one location so its helping you not hurting you.

most of the time lr behind the seat or under the seat will get you in the ball park. on my pavement fiberglass body car all the wt was in a pile by the transmission.

oldgold
02-25-2014, 09:51 PM
46-48 rear on asph. max left of rules 55 -56% is the normal rules.

you want it all in one location so its helping you not hurting you.

most of the time lr behind the seat or under the seat will get you in the ball park. on my pavement fiberglass body car all the wt was in a pile by the transmission. thank you for the response.
i see cars with it on hump beside driver or behind seat .

oldgold
02-25-2014, 09:54 PM
If they don't have a max Left side, then stack your weight on the left. Most asphalt cars run around 49% rear. And since it's asphalt mount it as low as you can. Get it on the scales and start moving lead around. That's really what dictates where lead will go.i see cars with 10-20lbs on left and right front frame rail in front of wheels. why?

MM90
02-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Probabaly for more nose weight.

7uptruckracer
02-26-2014, 09:22 AM
We do it on asphalt mods because that weight won't really transfer and we have a hard time getting LF wheel loadings and heat. 50-51 % Nose weight will be a good start your tire temp averages will tell you everything you need to know so pay close close close attention to your tire temps and averages.