PDA

View Full Version : deleted on "wissota" forum ......... guess i hit a nerve

kilroy be here
02-27-2014, 08:00 PM
so....... why the secret meeting between wissota and the "select few" engine builders on Saturday concerning the engine rules for the mods???? so why aren't all engine builders invited???? oh yah, I guess I know the answer to that but what ya gonna discuss??? it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the crate motor doesn't stand a chance in this class so how ya gonna kill the current spec motor so it will will be competitive???? or is that something we're not supposed to know about either???? why the secret meeting in the first place???? ( we all know phil like secrets so is it just to make him feel good???) I really thought you guys were above all this kind of BS. so is anyone of you gonna post- up and say its not true (or atleast deny it)??? Kilroy be watchin!!!!

sirleafalot
03-02-2014, 07:02 AM
was at Harris chassis school in Fargo, surprisingly this subject did not come up...thought it would for sure.

mattworx
03-02-2014, 09:01 AM
im one of the engine builders that did not get an invite
i talk to the people that did get the letter here's what I got out of it . engine builders where asked to spend our time and money to come up with a cheap engine that would run with the creates, supply all part #s ,toque and hp # so they could have what will be your choice in the future other then the create engine, all in a very short time .
well its a create engine that would be built buy anyone that's OK! .
it does not matter what they do if you don't tech ,it don't matter and with all the holes they leave in the rules it wont keep them cheap
. we helped designed a cheap motor I think 10 years ago, but they had no interest in saving the racer money then ,now the ship has sailed and half of the racer aren't racing and the rest cut the amount they race ,wissota now's if they don't do something wissota wont survive so now they want to help. better late then never .
remember its your local track that makes wissota!! get after them that's the only way things change
matt Schroeder
matts motor worx

sirleafalot
03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Matt, thanks for the info. Hate to hear this stuff the racing world is going crate crazy. We do not want the crate and will not run one. Its all because of no tech and laziness, and no comprehensive engine rules to start with. If mods go all crate even more will leave.

kilroy be here
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
thanks matt! you've done something wissota couldn't do.... give a simple answer!!!! guess it was easier to just delete my post and pretend it didn't happen rather than to address the issue. that is why I posted it over here....... the mafia has no control of this board!!! LOL!!! I will say I put a little more "teeth" in it over here but now I know who controls the "other " board.. seems your vision over there is not "20/20" but whatever they want you to see. I was afraid my suspicions were right, might as well clean out a spot under the bench next to my 406 so I got someplace to put my spec as soon as it becomes obsolete in a couple years!!! I might as well buy a fishing fleet for all these "boat anchors" I'm gonna have laying around! the engine rules you guys came up with a few years ago were doomed from the start as it would require wissota techs to tear down an engine and actually understand what they were looking for. now I'm all for making racing more affordable but I'm sick of having to just throw stuff away again. now heres my "vision " in my crystal ball as to what you're gonna see happen in wissota: since the b-mods now have an open trans rule, wissoota wants the crates in a-mods ( the crate will work in a b-mod, just look at the HP numbers and they're pretty close right now) if car counts decline a little more they'll just combine the two classes. it will be an open trans , 4 bar, b-mod shock package, crate motored mod. carve this in stone as it will happen and i'll be the first to say "I told ya so!!!"