PDA

View Full Version : 90/10 shock or no

dirtracr33
03-08-2014, 11:53 AM
thoughts on running one, not running one.....I noticed when we didn't it dropped off the bars pretty hard but noticed guys running w/o one got a lot of rear end travel on throttle...just wondering if it could be hindering us on the throttle..

MM90
03-08-2014, 11:59 AM
You will get lots of different answers on this subject. And it usually just comes down to driver preference. I didn't run one last year on my new car but plan on running one this year to start. My old car had one but when I took it off I couldn't tell a difference.

TALON75
03-08-2014, 12:57 PM
We still run one on our shaw, I like to have it for entry tuning. If it is hindering rear travel then it is probably not mounted right. The other benefit is a secondary failsafe if something were to happen to the pullbar, it could save a lot of rearend parts.

jsf74
03-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I removed it from my old impressive and it was WAY better on entry. This year im gonna run one on my new lightning and work on other areas to improve entry not just pullbar shock.

Dirtracer50
03-09-2014, 12:51 AM
If you don't run one keep and eye on the chassis mounts. I removed mine a couple of years ago and after 10-12 races I found a bunch of cracks around the pull bar mounts on the chassis side. I talked to a few people who said it was somewhat common to have happen when your not running the 90/10.