PDA

View Full Version : Laser chassis setup

lightning fast
03-13-2014, 06:58 PM
I just got a 2012 laser by John staples the guy I have got it from has not been a lot of help was looking ride heights for the rear and percentages I got ride heights for the front but that's it. Also idea on springs and bite.

jsf74
03-13-2014, 09:11 PM
why not call john?

js11
03-14-2014, 08:19 AM
John passed away last Dec. You can talk to Brent Hole, however. Not sure what the phone number is, but the laser web site is still up...should be a number. Otherwise, those new generation chassis are almost identical to the Pierce Chassis (at least the fronts are) and I think they do run the 2" offset rear ends. I would guess that the set up parameters are about the same.

thinkstomuch
03-14-2014, 09:25 AM
i've owned and raced these cars. There isn't ride heights for the rear per say. The RR lower bar should be in the neutral hole and when you scale it should be at 0* angle. The LR will vary on how much bite you desire (start with 25 - 50 #)For springs I would start with 650# up front and 200# in the backs. Then adjust from there. naturally these will depend on you.let me know how it works

jsf74
03-14-2014, 09:23 PM
sorry i didnt know that. my apologoies.

js11
03-15-2014, 09:33 AM
jsf74, no problems. We all have a lot going on (FYI - John was a heck of a guy).

To the original poster, my dad has one of these cars. Thinkstomuch is right on target. My recollection is, to set the RR bottom neutral (level from BC to chassis mount) to set your baseline ... that'd be the 2nd hole from the bottom on the chassis mount (thinkstomch might confirm this) and this should get you to within 13 to 13.5 inches from the top of you axle tube to a tab on the chassis' rail just above it....I think. Set the LR similarly. Not sure about your front ride heights, since the car my dad runs is not a metric clip. I'd say, depending on the size tires you have up front, it's anywhere from 6 3/4 to 7" on the RF corner rail, behind the wheel (though the proper way to measure is from the top a-frame to a tab near the RF spring pocket ... maybe 4.5"???). Perhaps someone else can chime in on this, but that'd get you pointed in the right direction for your baseline. Note, after setting ride heights, if you are running the 4bar on both sides, those bottom bar angles will likely change, depending on the car's attitude and track conditions (fourth hole up on LR and third hole up RR???). Not sure about the Top bars, 3rd hole from bottom LR and 2nd or 3rd hole up RR??? Again, someone else might know this.

jonnywhoop52
03-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Hole has a Facebook page. He has the tire and fuel deal that Staples had I believe. Contact Screamin Zero Racing on Facebook. Hope this helps

ump29
03-19-2014, 09:09 PM
I just got a 2012 laser by John staples the guy I have got it from has not been a lot of help was looking ride heights for the rear and percentages I got ride heights for the front but that's it. Also idea on springs and bite.

we run 2 of his cars and have the setup book for them.. pm me a fax number and i can send it to you....

Dirtrunner35
03-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Get a book from pierce

thinkstomuch
03-26-2014, 06:52 AM
curious, did this guy solve his problem?