PDA

View Full Version : B-mod Dizzy Question...

Krooser
03-15-2014, 05:48 PM
We are running a B-mod in WISSOTA this year. We have a newly built 358 SBC coming soon… and have a Chi-Com distributor that I'm not real excited about using…

What's a good distributor to use? I'm trying not to spend $400.00 on this deal…. can't use an MSD box.

lilsumo
03-16-2014, 05:52 PM
you have to run HEI? DUI is about as good as they get, but they cost.

you could just run a stock with the MSD HEI Distributor Upgrade Kit.

Krooser
03-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Don't have to run an HEI… external coil is OK. I'm afarid of these chi-com distributors having the top end come apart. I have heard stories about the carnage that can create.

I went to a swap meet today but came up empty with a good alternative...

DaveBauerSS6
03-23-2014, 01:13 PM
About 2 years ago, I had 2 brand new DUI distributors fail. Both broke the pivot pins that hold the weights. They were welded in and cracked, one allowed the weights to slid and advanced the timing and burnt a piston. May have changed by now.
Been using Accel HEI and been happy. They are priced right, good quality , no issues, but the coil has to be purchased separately.

Krooser
03-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks Dave… that's what has happened to the Chinese one's I have heard about. Around here ACCEL has a rotten reputation… maybe from back in the 90's... not sure.

I may just put a Pertronix in a stock HEI with a good coil and try it… I can always use it for a spare.