PDA

View Full Version : scaling and stagger

redracersmod
03-17-2014, 09:22 PM
Why can't a guy use air pressure in a tire to keep stagger the same for scaling purposes. Or add air and gain stagger to see what changes? Correct me if I'm wrong if I put a tire on a car that weighs exactly the same as the one I took off only difference is one has more air and same size stagger the weight will still be the same on that scale?

charcoal01
03-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Air pressure is also spring rate to a tire. The more air, the more weight that tire will want to support, and will throw your scale numbers off.

setup479point2
03-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Try it , scale the car with the right stagger and air pressure , now put a small Lr on and blow it up until stagger is right and re-scale. Tell us what you get. Best way to learn something is to do it. Also check your ride heights when you do this .

redracersmod
03-17-2014, 10:53 PM
That makes cents charcoal. I do think I will play with some air pressures and stagger on the scales really new to this and trying to learn.

JHobbs26
03-18-2014, 01:31 AM
on our tires (hoosier A40's) 1lb of air pressure will change the scale numbers 8-10 lbs. Not sure if different tires have the same results.

redracersmod
03-18-2014, 10:53 AM
So another question about ride heights and adjusting the weight jacks on a 2 link. I was told if to work around the car if I out a turn in the left rear take one out of RR put one in right front and one out of left front. To me this would raise the rude height on right front and left rear and the rude height would lower on the other two corners? How would you lower the left rear lets say 1/4 in without changing cross and changing the other ride heights.

MM90
03-18-2014, 10:58 AM
To add bite without changing ride heights. +1 turn in RF -1 turn in LF +2.5 turns LR -2.5 turns RR, works on my car. Do the opposite to take bite out. My chassis gives me 1/2" difference for rde height on the LR for adjustments. Set your ride height before you scale and use the method above.