PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Culp Claims Career Win in 2014 Pelican Finale

Ben Shelton
03-18-2014, 10:49 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 14th, 2014

Timothy Culp Claims Career Win in 2014 Pelican Finale

Prattsville, Arkansas (March 14th, 2014) – Friday night would prove to be a memorable outing for Timothy Culp and the C-Eight Motorsports team as he claimed a career triumph. Culp powered his #c8 Benning's Heat & Air/Carrier/Pierce Race Cars Super Late Model to the biggest win of his young career in the 4th Annual Pelican 100 at Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana).

The Pelican 100 was originally scheduled as a two-day, $10,000-to-win program, but officials elected to cut it to a one-day, $5,000-to-win event due to a gloomy weekend weather forecast.

Fifty-one entries were on hand for the event, and Culp started his night by winning the fourth heat race to earn the third starting spot for the 50 lap finale. As the race went green, front row starter Billy Moyer bolted to the lead with Culp in tow. The duo battled side-by-side for the lead over the first 19 laps before Culp would use lap traffic to his advantage and claim the top spot for good on lap 20. Despite a rash of late-race cautions, Timothy remained relatively unchallenged over the final 30 laps on his way to victory.

"I've lived for this day my whole life. It's a dream come true to be able to beat such a talented field of cars on an awesome race track. This win is definitely a sweet one!" said Culp. "I have to thank all of my sponsors and fans. Without them I wouldn't be standing here in victory lane."

Billy Moyer finished second followed by Ryan Gustin, while Billy Moyer Jr. and Chris Wall rounded out the top five.

Complete results from the event are available at www.ArkLaTexSpeedway.com .

Culp will not race anywhere this weekend as he turns his focus to a pair of $10,000-to-win, World of Outlaws (WoO) Super Late Model events on March 28th-29th. Action opens on Friday night at Lone Star Speedway (Kilgore, Texas) before heading to I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) on Saturday evening. For more information on the events please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Timothy Culp would like to thank all of his great sponsors including Bennings Heat and Air, Carrier, Kuntz & Co. Racing Engines, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Schaeffer's Racing Lubricants, Brian Craighead Designs, C-Eight Motorsports, Velocita Performance Race Wear, All-Star Performance, Bullet Proof Tee's, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Timothy Culp, please visit his website at www.TimothyCulp.com .