PDA

View Full Version : DRIVESHAFT/YOLK Length??HELP

lateracer7d
03-18-2014, 06:58 PM
I have a rocket chassis with older style bert transmission..7 inch yolk will not slide in transmission all the way..WHat length driveshaft and yolk do I need to go with??

wismadman
03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
depends on the shaft in the trans. How deep is the spline, and if you have a chain limiter or use the shock to stop travel. I had a shorter yoke bottom out on the seal. Than I have a longer yoke that bottoms out on spline or something.

lateracer7d
03-18-2014, 08:38 PM
I have a 38 Inch driveshaft with a seven inch slip yolk..Problem is when I slide the yolk in transmission it bottoms out..it has the older style tailshaft on transmission..there has got to be a driveshaft and yolk combination that I can use..it came out of a latemodel so I there has to be a combination..

wisdirtfan
03-18-2014, 09:41 PM
You can take the transmission apart and undercut the tailshaft a little bit so the yolk will go in completely without stopping. I did this to mine to make sure it wouldn't bind up at full droop and it hasn't broken after 3 seasons with an open motor and it was used to begin with.

tin man
03-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Just ran into this with a Brinn/Mastersbilt and we did what wisdirtfan reccomended. It wasnt that big a deal to fix the problem. Remove the tail shaft and have it machined the depth of the splines for the distance the yoke wont slip in. or you can order a new Brinn shaft that is already machined.