PDA

View Full Version : Monoball vs soft rubber rear bushings

raceincircles
03-18-2014, 11:18 PM
I read the post about the speedway bushings being to soft, so I have been looking at getting medieval soft bushings. Anybody used these before? Other recommendations? What the best mix of mono ball and soft bushings? I was thinking mono ball on all left side and soft on all right side mounts.

72Dubya
03-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Medieval Bushings will fall apart after awhile, tried them, worked for a little bit, then went blooie. Second set did as well. Your best bet is to run monoballs on both lower arms front and rear, and stock rubber on top. You can try soaking the rubber ones to soften them up a little bit.

Racer96m
03-19-2014, 05:10 AM
I ran Monoballs in the lower trailing arms front and back, and in the Fwd upper arms. I ran the Medieval Pull bushings in the aft upper arms. Yes you have to keep an eye on all rubber bushings, I have torn up stock ones as well as everything else. I would replace the Medieval bushings 2 times a season, we raced 45 nights on average.

Dave

backspace
03-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Oh boy,,here we go,,soaking rubber bushings,,,,Did you get UMP's approval on this,,,,,,,may get the sniffer out to check tires and bushings,,,,,,Oh my

72Dubya
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Oh boy,,here we go,,soaking rubber bushings,,,,Did you get UMP's approval on this,,,,,,,may get the sniffer out to check tires and bushings,,,,,,Oh my

Working the gray area... Doesn't say we can't. UMP is too lazy to undo all the mounts to sniff them anyways. All they care about is the body haha.

raceincircles
03-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Much appreciated.

RRR_Products
03-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Mono balls will help free up the suspension when in motion. They work great! Soft bushings work great as well. Stay away from speedway because they have a small surface area of urethane in the center. They work great one race and then they're blown out. The heavier the track and the certain geometry you have under the back end will determine the load on the bushings and life span. You can gain a lot just by knowing how to set up the back end with the OEM 75-80 durometer bushings. In fact I had a customer send in a video the other evening of a bushing that would rotate in the top ears of the housing. Although very ingenious a simple running of the Bolts loose would have done the same affect. If you would like a set of trailing arms built with mono balls or have some tunable bushings please message me for details. RRR Products

stock car driver
03-19-2014, 06:58 PM
loose bolts wear out the trailing arm and cause slop

Go back to whatever infomercial you crawled out of rrr products

CC57
03-20-2014, 06:10 PM
What do you soak them in to soften them up?

RRR_Products
03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
loose bolts wear out the trailing arm and cause slopGo back to whatever infomercial you crawled out of rrr productsI'm sorry you feel the way you do Stock car but putting people down like you do isn't very nice after reading through your posts. Parts wear out and we see bushing wear out before the metal trailing arms do especially with washers welded on. Tightening the arms down very tight you do not want to do. Just like your front a arms you don't want it all very tight. Now if you're running mono balls or heims that is the exception.

stock car driver
03-21-2014, 01:32 AM
b.s tight bolts work just fine. I got bama bash, Talladega ice bowl, Abilene ice breaker championships that prove it, among many other special event wins. N platte run for the money twice, iron man bloomfield race, cornhusker classic champion and on and on.

what races have you won personally?

stock car driver
03-21-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry you feel the way you do Stock car but putting people down like you do isn't very nice after reading through your posts. Parts wear out and we see bushing wear out before the metal trailing arms do especially with washers welded on. Tightening the arms down very tight you do not want to do. Just like your front a arms you don't want it all very tight. Now if you're running mono balls or heims that is the exception.

your full of it... you don't even have a clue what your talking about.. WASHERS are over sized, a half inch washer isn't half inch, it does zero good to weld a washer over a hole they are not tight fit to the bolt...

Loose bolts will cause failure...

a1driver
03-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I rarely agree with stockcar but he is right in this case

RRR_Products
03-21-2014, 07:52 PM
I should rephrase... The bushing itself should not be clamped down on the training arm. Whether you use spacers 3/4" or 5/8" od with a 1/2" id so that your urethane is not bound against the arms. We do a lot of urethane testing and know what works and why. Nothing against you stock car but there are many people winning races doing things besides what you do. I'm sure what you have works great but others have run other things that work too. Not every set up is the same. Some say run mono balls and some say run soft bushings. The point is we want the least amount of bind possible under the back end of these cars. I think we can agree on that.

stock car driver
03-23-2014, 09:31 AM
I should rephrase... The bushing itself should not be clamped down on the training arm. Whether you use spacers 3/4" or 5/8" od with a 1/2" id so that your urethane is not bound against the arms. We do a lot of urethane testing and know what works and why. Nothing against you stock car but there are many people winning races doing things besides what you do. I'm sure what you have works great but others have run other things that work too. Not every set up is the same. Some say run mono balls and some say run soft bushings. The point is we want the least amount of bind possible under the back end of these cars. I think we can agree on that.

I ran oem or hard eurethane, nothing soft would last 3 nights in my car, even old oem ones off donor cars were split and spit out in less than 3 nights.

Who is this WE your always referring to? you post like your a business and every post of yours is like a mini infomercial so what business?

I cant find any business info for you just more infomercial posts... like this one below...

***Core for your current or any pull bar you own***

$100 off if you send me any pull bar you have. I don't care how old it is or how out dated it may be.
Above Added: Fri November 1, 2013, 11:05 pm EST
RRR Products posting on Racing Junk again.

Advertising our "Phantom Pull Bar". This IS the lightest, LEAST amount of unsprung weight, STRONGEST, GRAPHED out, and made in the USA. What other pull bar out can show you a graphed chart of every combination of springs and or bushings? We do this because you the racer wanted it. We are half of the weight of the competition. Our 20" bar is 4.5 lbs complete and our 40" bar is 7.5lbs. Plus, think about the unsprung weight savings itself! We see many chassis manufactures not looking at the fine details and we are taking advantage of it. We know we have the best product out and you can now have it.

If you drive a sport mod, A mod,or Sportsman I guarantee a 2/10 of a second faster lap time on a 1/4 mile track. We also have bars for IMCA, UMP, and WISSOTA. We can because we believe in our products and also have 24/7 tech support line. That's right ill answer the phone at all hours to make sure your car runs its best. I am also available to review races you've been in to determine how your car is currently and where we can improve. A winning car can be faster...

RRR Products released a couple parts towards the beginning of the season and the cars running our parts are up front every night. Since the beginning of the season we now have a lot more parts available that no one else sells. I only want to sell the best parts possible to you.

If you're constantly close to winning but need that extra bite, horsepower, or a better handling car we have the set ups to do that.

Trailing arm kits
A Arms
Holley 4412 15cfm kit
4 link metric suspension systems and bushings
Leaf spring Shackles and Sliders
3 different shock packages
Tire Treatments (undetectable with sniffer)
Driver Coaching also available and video consulting

RRR Products
619-301-7880
RRR_Products@aol.com

Seller Phone Number: 619-301-7880
This item is NEW
Trades ACCEPTED: Bert, brinn, falcon, race gator, dart, eq, bsb, integra, wehrs, springs, seats, and etc quality parts
Payment options:

Item Location: EL CAJON, CA Get Directions To This City

Contact Seller

RRR_Products
03-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Thank you for the advertising Stock car. We are a newer business that did a lot of developing last year and have 2 products released. Tunable bushings and our Phantom pull bar. If anyone would like any information please give us a call. Thank you!

DaveBauerSS6
03-23-2014, 01:29 PM
As far as a IMCA Metric 4 link, I've ran video and seat of the pants tests with oem and soft bushings.
My calcs in the video show about 1 degree of pinion change and zero change by how it feels with the softs . My track and how I drive varies too much to time it.
I do believe in running the suspension as tight as possible to minimize any "chassis lag" as I call it. And when I say tight I mean that the car will still roll over more than enough on the right. The softs have too much chassis lag and maintenance issues for me.

DaveBauerSS6
03-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Mono balls will help free up the suspension when in motion. They work great! Soft bushings work great as well. Stay away from speedway because they have a small surface area of urethane in the center. They work great one race and then they're blown out. The heavier the track and the certain geometry you have under the back end will determine the load on the bushings and life span. You can gain a lot just by knowing how to set up the back end with the OEM 75-80 durometer bushings. In fact I had a customer send in a video the other evening of a bushing that would rotate in the top ears of the housing. Although very ingenious a simple running of the Bolts loose would have done the same affect. If you would like a set of trailing arms built with mono balls or have some tunable bushings please message me for details. RRR Products

SCD upper mounts have a bolt to clamp the upper bushing. If the clamp bolt was not tight enough, the bushing could rotate. I don't have experience with this to comment on the effects.

RRR_Products
03-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey there Dave. Can you describe more on the bushings what you ran and where they were placed on the car for us all. Also the type of track conditions you were on and the most noticeable feel on track. As well as the durometers you used. Thank you.

DaveBauerSS6
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey there Dave. Can you describe more on the bushings what you ran and where they were placed on the car for us all. Also the type of track conditions you were on and the most noticeable feel on track. As well as the durometers you used. Thank you.

Tried the uppers and 2 brands. Hanford track and as you know its 3/8 mile and California's largest. Consistently fast and considered rough by the rest of the country's standards.

I'm known for tight chassis construction. Being in the track is fast, chassis lag is a dead hole, waste of time for that moment. I expect to feel the all track especially in the entry.

The Stock 4 link gains very little pinion angle change and adding less than 1 more, I feel there are better areas to focus on. My other car is a leaf spring and I put a lot of effort on the pinion angle change.

RRR_Products
03-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Do you recall the durometer used? Also have you only tried uppers?

DaveBauerSS6
03-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Do you recall the durometer used? Also have you only tried uppers?

No. The uppers only.

sj valley dave
03-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Come on Dave, you know Calistoga fans would take you to task for stating that Kings is California's largest... LOL :)

DaveBauerSS6
03-24-2014, 07:40 PM
LOL ...MY Bad... LOL