PDA

View Full Version : Birky Lift Bars?

JOSHUA31
03-19-2014, 06:36 PM
anyone using a Birky lift bar? Advantages, negatives? No difference?

TheJet-09
03-23-2014, 09:31 PM
I have one on my 2008 Mastersbilt. It's probably just as old as the car but has held up fine for me. They appear relatively light yet durable....steel lower bar with an aluminum support. Despite being on a Mastersbilt mine utilizes a heimed support running over to the frame (I believe this is technically the Rocket style). It has two different shock locations, 4" apart (I believe with my set-up they are just shy of 32" and 36" respectively). The end has a threaded bunge to mount your sixth coil chain to. Not much else I can think of...I would recommend them.

TheJet-09
03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Thought of one more thing...with a straight lower bar I was concerned if it would clear a dropped pinion mount (for the J-bar). I just put on a Wehr's two sided arc mount, which left about 1/4" of clearance between the pinion mount and the lift bar itself. In looking at pictures of other manufacturer's bars, I see some have a slight bend in their lower bar to presumably allow for a lower pinion mount (or at least more clearance).Hope it helps. I could send you a pic if necessary.