PDA

View Full Version : right front upper

fastford
03-19-2014, 10:57 PM
what length right upper control arm with a bump stop or 2 stage spring are you running?

7uptruckracer
03-20-2014, 07:40 AM
You going to get a lot of different replies here because people don't agree on camber gain or static camber settings. Keep in mind with both of these the point it to travel the car a lot farther for aero and COG reasons, and both you will end up with more dynamic camber from the extra travel ALL your concerned about it your final dynamic and how much you rebound down the straights. If your not ever coming back to static ride height which most don't your actual arm length isn't as critical because your not going from 0 to 3" or travel at each turn entry. You can either run a long arm with more static or a short 7.5" with minimal static if you use all your travel and your at 8-10* dynamic and don't ever lift the RF corner much off the collar or bump before the next time you life its not big from a camber standpoint just a roll center and weight jacking point so consult your builder he will have an idea where your migration will be at that much travel. Hope this helped give you some ideas

fastford
03-20-2014, 08:52 AM
I understand all this , just curious as to what others are running, I use between 8 and 10 inch uppers, but usually stay on 9 in, the 8 in gives more camber gain when on the bump, but has a lot of angle and gets very close to spring, the 10 didn't seem to gain enough, so for me the 9in with 1 degree more static camber seemed to be my sweet spot.

7uptruckracer
03-21-2014, 07:05 AM
8.25 here. and I just take static out but once its on the track its pretty much stays pinned because the shock don't have a lot of bleed in them