PDA

View Full Version : Lower ball joint help

dirtracer2a
03-23-2014, 09:53 AM
I have a dirtworks dw8 and last year, towards the end of the year,I ran the lower ball joints that raise roll center, moog #k6117, then yesterday i noticed that on my lf it seems like the spindle is reamed out to much and there is excessive play where the ball joint goes through the spindle. I was wondering if it would be ok to switch just the lf lower ball joint to moog #k5103, which is the standard ball joint or should I switch both sides to the k5103? Also I noticed my toe would change all over the place last year , which im guessing is because the lower ball joint and I did have to tack weld the lower lf ball joint in the control arm because it didnt fit snug like the one on the rf did, they are press in ball joints and aftermarket control arms.

Confused?
03-23-2014, 11:58 AM
It changes the geometry of the front end. I would replace the spindle and ream it to fit the correct ball joint. If the holes is that worn, it's probably bent as well.

dirtracer2a
03-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Ok thanks, I was thinking about buying new spindles and the hybrid rotor kit from speedway motors, do you know if I will have to ream out the spindles?

Sportmod Rookie
03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes you will have to ream them.

charcoal01
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
As far as tack welding the lower press in ball joints, that's normal and a good practice to keep the balking
ball joint from loosening up.