PDA

View Full Version : Front control arm bushings

The deMORRILLizer
03-31-2014, 03:21 PM
I use monoballs bushing on the rear control arms of my car, but just wondering what others use for bushings on the front end?

RRR_Products
04-01-2014, 01:12 AM
This is a subject I had brought up a few months back with no definitive answer as to what is preferred or I should say better. There are cars running urethane, steel, and heims winning races. Of course the least amount of bind should be achieved. But, is there a huge difference between the 3?... As long as you keep the bolts or steel sleeves greased you'll be fine. Always re grease after washing in those areas. As for urethane bushings I believe the hardest urethane should be ran. Deflection can occur in some urethane depending on the maker and durometer but I don't know how much it would affect the handling of the car. We have a test day coming up where we will try this in a few weeks and will prob chime in here with what we felt and what we ran.

dirtplay18
04-01-2014, 11:26 AM
I ran the stock rubber ones for years and recently switched to the grease able steel and am happy I did. Easy to service (grease fitting). I did have to switch to 1/2" bolts, I also welded grade 8 1/2" washers over the factory holes

raceincircles
04-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I echo ^^^^^

The deMORRILLizer
04-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys, I had planned to go with the steel greasable bushings but figured i would see what others use as well

rg59
04-07-2014, 07:50 AM
DCA has monoball bushings for the front control arms just like the rear. they free up the front suspension considerably.

koltveitracing67
04-07-2014, 11:14 AM
DCA has monoball bushings for the front control arms just like the rear. they free up the front suspension considerably.

Thats the way to go..............

The deMORRILLizer
04-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I did not know that, thanks very much for the info