PDA

View Full Version : holly carbs

nathan12
04-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Have a question for you guys....

looking at the top on the carb this weekend and checking my throttle stop positioning and i noticed that the secondarys are not opening up all the way once the fronts are open all the way. I moved the throttle stop back thinking that might fix it and nothing changed. the secondarys move free even when the front are all the way open. its like the link just isnt pulling it far enough open..

ever seen this?

35smod
04-01-2014, 04:30 PM
You probably have some wear in the throttle plates the throttle shafts and the linkage this can be in both the primary and secondary side causing this every little bit causes lack of movement in the secondaries if its not excessive you can slightly bend the rod to compensate for this or buy the Holley adjustable rod to repair this problem the rod is threaded to adjust it and you can also change the opening rate or timing of the secondaries with it it works well to help tune when you want the extra power to come in its only 8 or 10 bucks and the instructions are in the box with it to show how to set it up hope this helps

nathan12
04-07-2014, 01:46 PM
thank you for the tip! that seems to be exactly whats going on. going to try and bend the link tonight and see what happens