PDA

View Full Version : Bert Trans clutch issue

jared1624
04-08-2014, 12:43 AM
I had this problem last year and now it is back again. over the winter i built a new car, new pedals, master cylinders, lines, and took the tranny and had it gone through and freshened up, so i know the issue has to be in the tranny because its been in 2 different cars and had the same problem. This is what it does, shift into low or rev, push clutch in and pedal stops about halfway, the car is rolling but it feels like it is only engaged about halfway. Then most times, the clutch will "pop" and pedal drops about 2 inches and that is when it feels right and feels completely engaged like it is suppose to. I have fought this for over a year now, I have been bleeding like crazy, I even took the braded line off and made a shorter one from the hard line from the car to the tranny, thinking maybe air was getting trapped cause the other line was looped because it was to long. been pulling my hair out over it. its not a huge deal, but i want it right. So anyone who has an idea let me know, cause i have asked around and people have had this issue and never knew what to do. Thanks

mudeater18
04-08-2014, 04:25 AM
You likely have a clutch disc broken. Sometimes it will engage between 2 other discs (causing the high pedal) and sometimes fall back in place correctly (allowing pedal to drop to normal level). I've had this happen before.

LFMotorsports
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Did you replace the clutch carrier??? Just a thought, but if the outside carrier splines or inside splines are worn badly it could be putting the clutch plates in a bind, not sliding down the splines correctly. Could have burrs on one or the other.

Just something to think about. But it adds up.

Dirtrunner35
04-09-2014, 08:34 AM
This might not be your problem but the bleeder is not at the top of the hole, if you have the piston out of the tail shaft and you look it is like a t ten o'clock, i had to pump mine up to get a pedal, this year going to have trans sideways to bleed.

racin6mod
04-10-2014, 09:50 PM
don't over look the piston in the slave cylinder once they get the od worn down they can get slightly crossed up and stick once enough pressure pops them on down the trany works fine.I've replaced them on a few customers berts. you posted you had the trany gone threw so I would think the clutches got replaced or a least checked at reassembly.also it the trany sat in a damp shop for a will the aluminum pistons can corrode and cause the same issue but an easy fix either way.