PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Yielding car.

rnoswal
04-09-2014, 10:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows anything or has any information about a Ronnie Yielding modified. This may be only a local area car builder, Northeast Texas or northwest Louisiana. I bought one that was well used but a complete roller minus engine and tranny. The previous owner told me Ronnie Yielding and it has YR-14 on the passenger side frame.

I haven't been able to find out anything on the builder but would like to and possibly gets some setup baselines. I am racing it as a Promod, which is almost a complete modified with the exception of a solid third link, no Schrader valved shocks and both springs centered over the rear end. It is cool in one aspect in that it has inboard shocks up front.

If anyone has any leads or info on Ronnie or the cars he built, please leave a comment.

Thanks

Russ

washeduptoo
04-10-2014, 04:23 AM
He was out of Longview Tx. We raced against him many times a few years ago. If you can't get a hold of Ronnie, try Chris Hennigan as he drove one of those cars a few years ago, seems like Billy Robinson did too and maybe Jim Burford. Hopefully this will help you, best of luck.

rnoswal
04-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks for that info. I go to the same track the guys you mentioned do, so I will ask them and see what they have to say.

Russ