PDA

View Full Version : adding bite at the track.

jsf74
04-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Where do you add or take out rounds at the track. Thinking about leaving everything alone and just adjust on the rf. What does everyone else do. I mainly want to add bite a little at a time until I find what I like with this new car. "2010 lightning" rr z link lr clamped 4 bar.

Confused?
04-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Adjusting just one corner of the car changes ride hieghts too much. If they are set correctly, then add or remove rounds of "x". This way the ride hieghts should stay close to the same. After that you can adjust at a corner for changing track conditions. At the track, I prefer to adjust the LR.

bob75
04-13-2014, 03:17 PM
take a turn out of the left front and right rear then add to the right front 1 turn and the left rear, normally that will give you 40lbs of bite

HEAVY DUTY
04-13-2014, 09:16 PM
When adding bite in small increments at the race ttrack, assuming you are trying to get forward traction and sidebite as the track slicks off. Add to the LR only. You shouldn't have to add many turns, because it will be 12 to 15 lbs per turn. Adding to the lr will add bar angle, wedge, and panhard bar angle. Raising the left side of the car, whether thru the lr or lf helps the car get over on the right side. If you add thru the rf, you take body tilt out of the car, which can create a skate. This is assuming that you have the ride heighths right to begin with.

LM14
04-13-2014, 11:00 PM
I only did the LR at the track unless it was something drastic. If it was drastic, it was the opposite corner deal. The additional ride height on the LR helps with the tilt in the chassis, too.

SPark

jsf74
04-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Thanks......

Confused?
04-14-2014, 04:53 PM
I read that as trying to adjust your car to get it where you want it as a baseline, not for track conditions. If changing for the track conditions, LR only as posted above.