PDA

View Full Version : front end swap

hipower17
04-20-2014, 06:46 AM
has anyone tried a black front rocket sup. on a different make chassis? if u have what where the results? i'm thinking of trying this.

Brian Gray
04-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes. Its been tried keep track of your geometric changes you will find some interesting results.

hpmaster
04-20-2014, 08:22 PM
has anyone tried a black front rocket sup. on a different make chassis? if u have what where the results? i'm thinking of trying this.

Why? I have built a couple "hybrids" and set up a couple others. The amount of work and cost for the benefit or lack there of you may get can be high. As for "interesting" geometry that makes no sense what so ever. If you build and set up a Black front end Rocket properly it will be a Black Rocket front end no matter what POS it is hung on. You better have your stuff in a group because if you do it wrong or do not truly understand what you are getting into you have a lot of ways to come up short. JMHO

dukeyyyyy
07-30-2015, 10:54 PM
your girlfriend says you come up short alot^^

7uptruckracer
07-31-2015, 08:13 AM
Some change to RF Spindle to the Grey. All your doing is changing pin inclination or snout height or overall height to change some ackerman, caster or camber gain or weight jacking. Don 't just change it because someone told you too. Know what it does find out what part options you have and what it would do to the car if you need what the changes offer do it. If you don't understand it leave it alone. Black Front can still run well if you set them up right but making a wrong component change can really put you out to lunch