PDA

View Full Version : Bert trans popping out of high gear

leadfoot_35
04-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Friday night in the feature had a problem with my Bert popping out of high gear letting off the gas going into the corner. Even with me holding the lever back in high it would force itself out of gear. Saturday I put in another Bert and it did the same thing except that it would stay in gear with me holding it in gear. Suggestions ? Ideas?

racin6mod
04-20-2014, 10:10 PM
check the alignment of the bellhousing if the input shaft is not aligned correctly that will cause the issue you described. if it were just popping out with out you holding it I would say the detent balls or springs were worn out but if it forces it's self out of gear your issue is out side the trany. if the bell housing has been repaired or if it has a crack that may be an easy fix just swap bell housings.

leadfoot_35
04-22-2014, 02:37 PM
check the alignment of the bellhousing if the input shaft is not aligned correctly that will cause the issue you described. if it were just popping out with out you holding it I would say the detent balls or springs were worn out but if it forces it's self out of gear your issue is out side the trany. if the bell housing has been repaired or if it has a crack that may be an easy fix just swap bell housings.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will swap out bell housings this week.