PDA

View Full Version : Bumpsteer?

racing_rookie13
04-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Running a Wissota Street Stock, wondering how you would adjust for bumpsteer? all suspension must remain stock for the car, metric monte carlo in my case, i understand how you would adjust on a modified with adapters on the tie rods, what can i do for adjusting my bump? thanks for any advice

JustAddDirt
04-24-2014, 03:02 PM
move draglink up or down (may require moving steering box, and idler arm)
if suspension must remain stock, does that mean tie-rods as well?
you could try and find a longer studed tie rod end, to lower the pivit point on the spindle.

racing_rookie13
04-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Yes all must be stock, I would think if there is a tie rod with a longer stud it could pass, has anyone done this?

street92
04-29-2014, 12:56 PM
We have been able to get our bumpsteer set real good just by wobbling out the holes for the steering box mounting and the idler arm. We even added a few washers for spacers which nobody has worried about when it came to the rules. Just tilting the box and idler arm a tiny bit helps a lot.

drtrkr244
05-06-2014, 08:58 PM
The problem with stock drag links is the inner pick up points doesn't match the inner lower control arm mounts. So we used to cut up the stock drag link and added/subtracted tubing to match up the pick up mounts. With some good welding and grinding and flat black paint, no one ever caught on.

stockcar5
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
running longer lower ball joints will raise the steering arm..same effect as lowering the centerlink. it will also effect roll center of course.