PDA

View Full Version : two part question on lr

dirtracr33
04-25-2014, 07:57 PM
is dropping top link on b/c effective, only tried once few years back and as i remember made it loose....also bought the afco chain limiter "cushion" w/ yellow bushing...do i need to allow for any compression on that before setting drop or does it pretty much not compress....preciate any input.

Brian Gray
04-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Dropping top bar on bird cage Will increase indexing and usually will increase drive on l/r . it also effects steer . this is a big change and gives a noticeable difference. Yes this is an effective change . even more so than moving a link on chassis.

Brian Gray
04-25-2014, 08:19 PM
As far as the limiter its hard to predict the preloaded because it will Change as traction is available to the left rear. My experience is that in the tack the bushing works well it will hold the car at attitude but allow for a slight bit of extra steer under hard throttle. The down side is on the slick it will cause the rear end to loose some stability and be somewhat erratic off the corners.

dirtracr33
04-26-2014, 08:42 PM
thx for the post

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-27-2014, 09:11 PM
is dropping top link on b/c effective, only tried once few years back and as i remember made it loose....also bought the afco chain limiter "cushion" w/ yellow bushing...do i need to allow for any compression on that before setting drop or does it pretty much not compress....preciate any input.

You have to be careful with how much drop you run when you drop that top link. You could wind up with tons of loose roll steer. I have never had good results with compliant droop stops. Adequate rebound in the shock should allow use of a solid stop.