PDA

View Full Version : Compression left rear clamped mod

dirtrace09
04-27-2014, 09:51 PM
How much compression on the left rear are people running on a clamped car?

Brian Gray
04-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Shock question? Pm me I can help

dirtrace09
04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes what compression and rebound on the left rear shock do people run on a clamp car? Why do most clamped cars run zlink on the right rear? I have never ran a clamped car and am trying to understand.

HEAVY DUTY
04-28-2014, 10:11 PM
That is a loaded question. There are a lot of factors that determine how much compression you need. You need enough to hold the LR up and keep it from slamming down. Too much compression will make you loose in. Not enough will make you tight in. About a 3 rebound works most times, and somewhere between a 6 and 8 on compression. Shock valving numbers only tell you part of the story, because they are different from brand to brand. Some have different low speed valving but the same high speed numbers, but they will act completely different. A driver who trail brakes does not need as much compression as a driver who jumps off the throttle and stabs the brake. A shock builder should ask you about how you drive the car, and about the shape of the track and corner entry speed, to get an idea of what you need. I don't think that shocks are a one size fits all part.

dirtrace09
04-28-2014, 10:45 PM
I greatly appreciate your response. I have never driven or worked with a clamped car and just had no idea of how people are setting them up. They seem to be very fast around here. Thank you for the information.