PDA

View Full Version : 10 mastersbilt smack help?

barnett1
04-29-2014, 09:40 PM
I have a really bad throttle push mid corner out. Running 500lf 450rf and 225 across the rear. 120 lbs wedge in car. Percentages are 55 left and rear. What can I do to help? Get worse on slick track..

TheJet-09
04-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Anything "really bad" I would first look at the angles/locations of your rear links. Where are they set? Anything that gets worse in the slick sounds like a possible RF issue (not sticking). You could try: 1) Soften your RF to 350# 2) Reduce your bite to somewhere around 60-80 lbs 3) 53.5-54.0% left and tail also sounds more neutral. A little more info regarding your overall set-up may reveal something as well.

Matt49
04-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Agree with everything Jet said and also agree more info would help.
Take all of your springs off but leave shocks on and run the suspension through all possible movements to check for binds.
You've got too much RF spring even for a smack down car. Contrary to popular belief, a stiffer RF spring won't necessarily help the car turn. That's old school thinking from when the cars ran flat. You need the RF to be soft enough to allow it to work down and let the LR come up to create rear-steer. Without it, you'll be tight all the way around.
Without additional info (which, again, would help), I would drop down to a 400 RF and take some bite out.
Not saying the 350 Jet recommended wouldn't eventually be better but that's a big jump and you're likely going to need to make some other adjustments to get drive back in the car and have a balanced setup.
You really shouldn't ever need more than 100 lbs of wedge in a smack car and 70 is a good place to start for most setups but, again, don't make drastic changes or you could pass right through where you need to be. Make a smaller change...if it helps...change some more...find your car's balance and then fine tune from there.