PDA

View Full Version : coming to life at the end of the race??

nathan12
04-29-2014, 09:54 PM
wanted to see what you guys had to say.... I have noticed that here lately that at the ends of our features when the track has dried out and slicked off that with like two or three laps left our car seems to fade and lose the handling. then i look and see where other people have finished and i ran beside them the hole race but thats when they "come to life" and just really go on a rail and pick up 6-8 spots.

any suggestions on how to make this happen or what they are doing to have this happen?

Anonymous24
04-29-2014, 10:17 PM
A good driver along with a car that is properly set and well balanced runs more consistant lap times than cars that have handling issues. A few tenths a circuit X number of circuits= time your gaining/losing That time shows up at the end of a race.

oldtrackchamp4x
04-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Don't know how you scale, but scale the car for the end of the race. You my be losing to much rear % due to fuel burn off and getting the car off balance, that is why some guys run gas over alcohol. You may have to start feature with more fuel or add a little rear weight JMO

Flyin Iowan
04-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Tires.....could prep(sipe & groove) differently so they dont fade. I feel my car comes to life towards the end, or just fades less then others, from burning off fuel. like stated above scale the car the way you want to end the race. if you scale it the way it ended the race you raced last try adding a gallon or two of fuel and try to get those numbers to be your scale numbers and try that. But dont over look tires either. check tire temps, wear patterns. are you tight to begin with? could be skating the car early to get it to turn and you heat up your RR tire

nathan12
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
we scale the car the way we want to end the race and then add fuel from there 70lbs of bite 54.5 L% and 57R% before adding fuel. how would you guys recommend grooving and siping the tires?

oldtrackchamp4x
05-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Go to hoosiertire.com . On left side of page click on oval track dirt. below that click on product bulletins. Go down 15 lines to air pressure, siping and grinding tips. Also I would really think about adding another 3- 4 gallons of fuel. Might hurt a little early in race, but i feel car would be better at the end. JMO