PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Rack Adjustments

zeroracing
04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
I have a Sweet Integrated Rack set up and have a question about adjusting for caster steer. I know that a woodward rack can be adjusted to take this out of the car (at least the feel). Will adjusting the large top adjuster on the Sweet Rack accomplish this? Is there a different adjustment I can make to it to get that left pull out of the car? If I can adjust the Sweet Rack for this use, how do you guys do it, is it something as simple as 1/8th turn makes noticeable difference, or 1/2...

keeks
04-30-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure that the large adjuster is for setting the rack to pinion gear lash, if that is the correct terminology, but I certainly stand to be corrected on that.

Matt49
04-30-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm no expert on racks (at least not the kind on a car :-0) but I would think the only way to correct for the pull caster split would be to have some kind of split valving in the servo and/or power assist.

Very interesting question...
But I'm wondering if taking the pull out would defeat some of the purpose of having caster split in the first place. I know I like more RF caster than most because I like the idea of the weight jacking that it creates but I also actually like the way it pulls the car down when I enter the corner.

zeroracing
04-30-2014, 10:50 AM
I had assumed the large adjuster was for lash only... However was being hopeful. What got me thinking was reading tech section on Woodwards website it talked about it at length, why some dirt guys prefer straight or slightly right pull while asphalt tend to really like left pull.

You still load the tire itself the same, it was my understanding it would take the constant left pull out of the car.