PDA

View Full Version : BG Belt drive fuel pump questions????

sniper05
05-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Hey guys, I bought a Barry grant belt drive pump from a member on here, everything showed up and in good shape, I've never messed with one before, so I have a few questions for ya.So obviously I need a longer crank bolt for the lower gear, does anyone have any pics of how it's mounted both crank and on the motor? I assume it mounts off the water pump but not 100%? Any help will be appreciated!

Brian Gray
05-11-2014, 10:23 AM
first off best place for it to be is in the rear. if you must use the front your gonna need a crank mandrel to drive it from. you will need a return and a regulator on the return after the carb. the best operating setups ive seen with these also have a shutoff and bypass at the throttle.

honestly we have much better mechanical pumps now days you might find a drag racer and sell that thing and just get a mechanical pump. its gonna be expensive and alot of maintain time. if your running alky make sure you dont leave that in the fuel system all week.

50j
05-11-2014, 05:22 PM
A belt drive is best with alcohol.

stock car driver
05-11-2014, 07:39 PM
I leave alky in mine all week and its just fine, as well as other people do also that have been racing alky for 20 plus years... if your going to sit a few weeks I could see draining it.. but week to week is a waste of time.

Dirtracer50
05-11-2014, 11:12 PM
I've been running that same setup for almost ten years and it has been bullet proof reliable. I had to rebuild my regulator one time when the spring gave up but that's been the only problem I've had. I will try to get some pictures of how mine is mounted tomorrow.

sniper05
05-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys, I got it mounted and it seems good. Gonna tackle the regulator tomorrow and get all that setup. I'll keep yall posted