PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth, Wi WDLMA season opener.

BSDirtlm7
05-10-2014, 11:53 PM
After 4 rainouts )Seymour in April, 2 at Manitowoc and 1 at Plymouth) the WDLMA Opened there season tonight at the newly reconfigured Plymouth dirt track. the track added 60ft to the straights and added banking, plus a wall and catch fence to the top of the corners.

Heat #1(starting position) 1;Mitch McGrath (5), 2;Russ Scheffler (8), 3;Tim Buhler (7), 4;Kyle Odekirk (1), 5;Dave Thomas (3), 6;Jim Letizia (4), 7;Brad Mueller (6), 8;Turk Letizia (2).

Heat #2: 1;Todd Jensema (2), 2,T.J. Dohlan (3), 3;Rick Scheffler (6), 4;Justin Schmidt (1), 5;Jim Schmidt (4), 6;Eric Michaels (5), 7;Ted Dohlan (7), 8;Nick Cochart (8).

Feature was canceled due to the track coming apart in the bottom of turns 3 & 4. The 360 sprints, super mods and Grand Nationals did complete their features. After the Grand National feature the hole in 3 & 4 was too much for the grader to fix. Tim Buhler and Todd Jensema were due to start on the front row. All cars received the same pay and points for the night.

spintowin
05-11-2014, 03:34 PM
After 4 rainouts )Seymour in April, 2 at Manitowoc and 1 at Plymouth) the WDLMA Opened there season tonight at the newly reconfigured Plymouth dirt track. the track added 60ft to the straights and added banking, plus a wall and catch fence to the top of the corners.

Heat #1(starting position) 1;Mitch McGrath (5), 2;Russ Scheffler (8), 3;Tim Buhler (7), 4;Kyle Odekirk (1), 5;Dave Thomas (3), 6;Jim Letizia (4), 7;Brad Mueller (6), 8;Turk Letizia (2).

Heat #2: 1;Todd Jensema (2), 2,T.J. Dohlan (3), 3;Rick Scheffler (6), 4;Justin Schmidt (1), 5;Jim Schmidt (4), 6;Eric Michaels (5), 7;Ted Dohlan (7), 8;Nick Cochart (8).

Feature was canceled due to the track coming apart in the bottom of turns 3 & 4. The 360 sprints, super mods and Grand Nationals did complete their features. After the Grand National feature the hole in 3 & 4 was too much for the grader to fix. Tim Buhler and Todd Jensema were due to start on the front row. All cars received the same pay and points for the night.

I will have to say I was impressed with the new configuration. I'm sure the new clay will be worked in the next couple of weeks. I was very disappointed last year and vowed to not go back after the most boring (corn belt clash series) race I have ever seen at the track.
They got the banking perfect in three and four. I will be back.