PDA

View Full Version : right rear help.

twisterf5
05-21-2014, 05:34 AM
this is our new house car. 4 bar 4 bar we have had top end problems for a while so have not had the time to work on the car. that is fixed now so here is what i need some info on.
the car was tight in loose off. we re-set j-bar to 8-1/2 on frame and 1/2 above center on pinion (QC) rear end. but the car is still loose off. so we dropped lr bottom bar one hole but that made it worse. it should of helped. we do not have a left rear chain we have a stop built into the shock. so when i dropped bar it let the rear hike up some more.after watching some video of the car it seems to be picking up the rear on the gas. pull bar car!! so after reading some on here i thinking of chaining the right rear down.
if it is coming off the right rear spring and adding more hike to the car made it worse would chaining the right rear help.and were should i mount it. i have a axle clamp made for a chain i can put on but do you just mount it to the frame should it be strait up and down or have some angel in it. was thinking of set it at 1-1/2 of slack to start. thank for any info that you can give me.

JustAddDirt
05-21-2014, 08:17 AM
first thing I would do is chain the LR, so no matter what bar adjustments you do, it does not effect the lr drop.
second if you have a go-pro put it under car and watch the pull bar, and the RR spring. See if the RR is coming off the spring, and install, and adjust limit chain accordingly.

What clip?
What spindles? if pinto are they 7º or 10º

springs and shock combinations will dramatically effect your corner entry, center and exit.
you will need to list your spring and shock numbers to be able to help you fix problem.
also please list your rear bar angles, as this too greatly effects entry center and exit.
how much stagger?

typically you can fix it with a softer LF spring. more LF tie down in shock
softer RR spring. Those adjustments may also have a negative effect of side bite.

There are 25 ways to fix your problem, just need a starting point

charcoal01
05-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Set your chain straight up and down and have it go tight at about a 1/4 loose on spring.