PDA

View Full Version : Rubbered up track adjustments

Ralphy
06-03-2014, 10:14 AM
If your car is pretty good early in the evening for heat races what kind of changes or areasdo you guys adjust for a track that has taken a good bit of rubber before your feature?

keeks
06-03-2014, 01:26 PM
You have to loosen the car up when it goes rubber down. I haven't seen rubber down very often, but I have seen super dry slick confused with rubber down, and the setup will be completely different. As soon as the track starts to take rubber the car will become very tight.

Ralphy
06-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Yes most nights it dries off and gets a black stripe but this week it looked like a asphalt track. We tightenedthe car a little and made a good car bad.

TheJet-09
06-04-2014, 08:04 AM
I've only been on a locked down track once or twice (Danville, Il). I've also raced a dirt car on asphalt twice, but that was with asphalt tires. On both accounts, fun as heck, but not good racing. It resembled an extremely high horsepower go-cart. Everything seems to get over sensitive. A little tight is extremely tight. I think you will find it to be the ultimate test of your front-ends capabilities. There's definitely more speed to be found in the front than in the rear.

centralpa43
06-04-2014, 09:01 AM
harder tires, free the car up a little. do not snug for the center of the corner. slower is faster if you're in the rubber. lap times will speed up