PDA

View Full Version : 2012 harris a mod set up tips....

noah schepp
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
i have a 2012 harris a mod and im tight on entry. looking for suggestions on what to do as these are fairly common cars..., this is only an issue on a full blown tacky track.... on the slick the car works awesome.... any info i can get id appreciate thanks

langdonracing48
06-20-2014, 02:14 AM
run a tad more stagger. could shut the right front brake off. lead the left rear forward a couple of turns. any of that would help.

noah schepp
06-20-2014, 02:21 PM
i have an inch of stagger in the front and one inch in the rear as well.... this a imca car so shutting off the front brake isnt an option. and i already have a half inch trail in the car

drtrkr244
06-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Try increasing the rear stagger to 2.5-3.5 inches.

Think about that little of rear stagger when the car rolls over on to the RR. With only 1 inch, you probly don't have any after the weight transfers to the right rear. which carries the most weight in the turns.

langdonracing48
06-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Yeah bump up rear stagger.

dirtracerl77
06-21-2014, 05:47 PM
If its just tight on entry I don't think stagger would be the problem. I would try raising your right rear lower arm 1 hole.

noah schepp
06-23-2014, 03:22 PM
its entry to the center.... im figting the car to turn. it shoves the nose up the track..... only on tack i have this issue. i was hoping to find someone on here with the same car to give me hints on what they are doing and compare notes... ive won heats and features with this car already this season on the dry so its not like im a slouch and it being driver error..... just having issues on tack. if anyone has any ideas id be more then happy to listen. i might have to much drive in the car on the left side bars or i might not have the bars on the right side right for a tack track....right now ive been gambling the past few weeks on what to do with the set up for tack and it hasnt really helped..... which gets frustrating

MM90
06-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Take some bite out of it.

washeduptoo
06-23-2014, 05:40 PM
What offset are you running on rr? If its a 4, try a 3 or a 2 offset, or a spacer if you can. JMO and best of luck.

noah schepp
06-23-2014, 06:35 PM
lf is 2 rf is 1 rr is 3 along with the lr being a 3 and ive been running aroung 50 to 55 lbs of bite

washeduptoo
06-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Try putting a 1inch spacer on rr or you might try a 2 offset on rf, but you might rub the frame some. I think you have too much side bite on tacky. I assumed that you have already tried moving the rrb bar up for tacky. If your running a limiting chain on lr, you can shorten it .25-.5inches if you think its too much drive causing your issue or you can add some more rear steer. Best of luck.

JustAddDirt
06-24-2014, 07:34 AM
move j-bar up on pinion, that will loosen entry to middle.

powerslide
06-24-2014, 08:08 AM
RF is a 1off? Thats stuck way out, alot of guys are running 4's around here. Try a 2 or 3off. I ran a 2 and went to a 3 when it was heavy.

Also how much rear percent do you have? Either way i would probably lower rear% a full point if you can do it easily and still make weight. J-bar like JAD said if you arent already topped out on the pinion. RRL bar up a hole i didnt feel like made alot of difference

noah schepp
06-24-2014, 05:10 PM
right now i have a 6 inch split on the j bar between the chassis and the rear end..... and the pinion side is one inch above the center of the pinon....and with roughly 20 gallons of fuel in the cell, which is recomended to scale at each time i have 57 for rear percent....and yes for the tack i left both side bars alone and i raised both right side bars.... seemed to change a little bit but not near enough....i have a half inch rear trail in it right now. which ive been hearing is a lot more then normal guys are running

JustAddDirt
06-25-2014, 08:09 AM
I believe it would be wise to make one quick change, maybe 2, instead of changing a whole bunch of stuff to cure problem, because when you change some things, it has a dramatic effect some were else. then you can easily get way off later I the night buy forgetting adjustments.

Sounds like you need to unhook car that is pinned on RR on entry to middle, same thing I had to do last year early in the night.

***quick adjustments that I did to cure my problem

things to try 1 or 2 at a time:
run less fuel
raise rr bar on chassis
raise panhard bar on pinion.
more stagger ( will loosen exit as well)
soften LF spring
***more rebound in LF shock
***20# of lead on LF elbow behind tire.