PDA

View Full Version : rr on fire

dirtracr33
06-22-2014, 05:50 PM
lr is warm but rr is on fire after feature, we're on "a" tires...running about six inches j bar rake, 200 rr spring...four bar both sides....would like to increase the side bite in the middle and lose some of the rr heat if I could...thanks for any input

Lizardracing
06-22-2014, 11:06 PM
is the driver on or off the throttle at the point in which needs correction?

dirtracr33
06-23-2014, 04:15 PM
off the gas, sorry....would like to improve the loose entry, help the side bite and lose some of the rr heat, if possible...thinking of a stiffer rr or lf but would that help with the hot rr...

mod71m
06-23-2014, 04:44 PM
"rr on fire" typically indicates that the driver is sliding the car into or through the middle of the corner. That is typically due to a car that is too tight on entry or through the middle of the corner.

Nothing is 100% but that is most commonly the issue.

oldtrackchamp4x
06-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Thinking the same thing as Mod71m. Try taking out some LR bite, off course you didn't say how much you are running. JMO

dirtracr33
06-23-2014, 07:21 PM
right now we're at around 60 lr w/o driver...u think six inches of rake on the jbar is too much, it's about the most I've ever ran

Lizardracing
06-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Four bar cars like to be driven on entry not slung around. The benefit of a four bar car is the rear steer aspect and the ability to get car turned through the middle while keeping the entry tight enough you don't have to sling it. I can't tell ya how much is too much because it depends on many factors but normally a car that's to tight on entry will also be tight through the middle and sometimes loose on exit.

drtrkr244
06-24-2014, 05:28 PM
The only thing that tells me your car is really loose is that an "a" is a fairly hard tire. If that's the case then it will require more weight to be transferred to the RR. Try more RR spring,more j bar angle, more initial weight on RR, or move lead towards RR. Your driver will know real quick if it was really loose in or he was too tight and just slingin it in.

oldtrackchamp4x
06-24-2014, 10:48 PM
I would just lower the jbar a full inch on the frame. If you can do that during hot laps, that would tell you if it's to high, as long as the track is the same during hot laps as when you race the feature. Maybe post your bar angles as well. Whatever you try only do one thing at a time!! JMO.

blncfn57
06-26-2014, 12:02 PM
From my experience, too much LR bite will cause the RR to overheat. Really there is no optimal # to go by because the rest of the setup will determine how much there is under racing conditions. I would start taking bite out until the car gets better, I'm sure you'll find that the heat in the rear tires starts evening out as the car gets better. JMO

Dirtrunner35
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
To much sliding or not enough throttle control will make the RR way to hot. Usually a loose car will burn up the RR. How is the entry ???

Anonymous24
06-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Stagger! Think about it. Right rear is typically 30 degrees warmer than the left rear.

dirtracr33
06-26-2014, 07:02 PM
we had about an inch stagger......I basically would like a little more side bite at the apex, right when i'm trying to throttle up and reduce the rr heat... seems like it went away on me w/ about five to go the other night..