PDA

View Full Version : coil springs.What brand?

yenko1
06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
had two afco coils give up on me this year. What is every one running?thanks

dirtplay18
06-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Hypercoils all the way, guaranteed to stay within 2% of the rate. Ran them for 12yrs without 1 Fail.

Dirt Racer
06-28-2014, 11:19 PM
had two afco coils give up on me this year. What is every one running?thanks

Landrum springs! last longer on our cars.

drtrkr244
06-29-2014, 02:32 PM
I saw a show on Discovery Channel last year, that showed a coil spring company producing yellow, blue, and red coil springs. It didn't say who designed them or what wire was being used by each, yet each company claims they are the manufacturer. just sayin

cheaterleaddog
06-29-2014, 06:14 PM
bluecoilspring.com I called to see about getting a special height and rate spring made for a customer of mine, the secretary told me the engineer was busy and she would take my info about what I wanted so that when I called back somebody could have a answer for me. 2 hours later I called back and was told that they were making coils in that size at the time I called so they just went ahead and made a spring for me all they needed now was a credit card number they got a life long customer now. some of the names listed on here never got back to me when I contacted them about the same spring.

Driver88
06-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Scd. I know you have said you rate your own. Has her been the closest out of the box or do they just seem to last longer. Or both.

72Dubya
06-30-2014, 11:18 PM
I have had Eibachs give out on me a lot, I will not put one in my cars again. Hypercoil in the fronts and Integra MX in the rear is what I run. Both brands are very consistent in their initial out of box rate and always rate close to what I initially rated them at before putting them in the car even after 25 races in one year.

Overall, I think Hypercoil is the best spring brand.