PDA

View Full Version : raceCeiver

lilsumo
06-27-2014, 10:00 AM
What do you guys do with raceceiver?

Mine keeps turning itself down when I put it in the little clear plastic case. No matter where I put it or arrange it, it steadily gets turned down.

What good ear buds? I need some that will stay in without taping them. I cant have tape on my ears.

UltimateRaceCars
06-27-2014, 12:51 PM
I have never had a problem with mine adjusting volume in the clear case, do you maybe have it in backwards?Here are the best ear buds for the best price hands down. http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/apps/webstore/products/show/747095

blncfn57
06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
You gotta be careful when squeezing the clip to clip it onto something. The volume down button is directly across from the clip and when you squeeze it, the volume goes down.

MM90
06-27-2014, 01:59 PM
The new raceceivers have a lock out on them, as well as some other upgrades. I use the earfuze and like them. Finally had one earpiece go bad in them. Lots of guys complain about the life you get out of them but I haven't had a problem with them until now. Which has been around 2 years.

charcoal01
06-27-2014, 04:08 PM
I had ear molds taken and sent off to r1 I think it is, at least that's what it says on my ear buds. They are custom formed for my ears and only cost 300 bucks. Yeah it might be a little pricey but I use the raceceiver on the lowest volume and hear just fine. I've had them for 5 years now and they're still like new. I also never have ringing in my ears after a race since I started using them.

charcoal01
06-27-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure what you're getting at? Why cut your helmet up to put speakers in only to turn around and wear ear plugs when I can buy a new helmet every two years and not have to change a thing and my option does both.

charcoal01
06-28-2014, 01:24 AM
This is what I use http://www.libertyhealthsupply.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37977, to each their own I guess. I like to be able to use mine to listen to the race going on while I'm in staging, but the fact that I race in the desert it's usually hot as hell so I don't want my helmet on. Mine works for me, yours works for you, they're both good options.

72Dubya
06-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Hold both side buttons at once until screen flashes and it should lock the buttons until you repeat the process, or at least that's how it works on mine.

Lizardracing
06-29-2014, 07:35 PM
I just bought the EarFuze system. It hasn't arrived yet but they were highly recommended by a traveling late model team. Where do you guys usually wear the receiver? So far I've tried my pocket, but it didn't work with my seat. I tried clipping to the seat belt but it fell off. I've tried clipping to my shirt under the suit but that was cumbersome. Thinking about taping it to the top of my helmet or perhaps a pouch on the right side decking area or something like that.

powerslide
06-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Zip tied to the head portion of my seat. Used to just stuff it in my suit when I had a 1 piece

JHobbs26
06-30-2014, 06:59 AM
http://www.raceceiver.com/Drivers/shop/fully-enclosed-raceceiver-carbox/

Lizardracing
06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Do you have to take it off to change the battery?
I think I'll use an old transponder pouch and zip it to the headrest.
I think that might also reduce some vibration so it will last longer.
I don't about anyone else but mine is built sloppy. All blow molded plastic with mold flashing everywhere.