PDA

View Full Version : A40 to American Racer G60

Lizardracing
07-12-2014, 03:34 PM
My local tracks went to USRA from UMP which requires a different tire. The famed American Racer G60. The rumor around the pits is the G60 has little to no "side bite". What's that mean? Is "Sidebite" the same as a lack of forward drive?

drive3b
07-12-2014, 04:43 PM
The AR's have a shorter and stiffer side wall than the UMP tires so they do not flex as much under a side load.

Lizardracing
07-12-2014, 05:54 PM
The AR's have a shorter and stiffer side wall than the UMP tires so they do not flex as much under a side load.

Your saying less flex equates to less side bite?

el paso mod 19
07-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Groove your tires differently. You may not make the sidewall flex easier but you can make the outer tread flex a lot more by grooving. After all, that is what you're trying to do is get that outer edge to cut into the track and get a bite.

Lizardracing
07-12-2014, 08:44 PM
If I cut them up any more than I am now their gonna chunk out.

Lizardracing
07-13-2014, 12:55 AM
I thought about some more and I think I started on on the left foot.

My car after changing to the American Racer tire is now tight on the throttle right as I pick up the throttle and the car won't rotate like I want it too. I have to wait longer on the throttle so the car will finish rotating but if I do that I'm losing forward grip as the tires spin on exit It was pretty good on the old A40 tires. The only thing that really changed was my left side weight is lower due to weight loss. I have less spare tire rotating around me than last year if you get my drift.
I want the car to be a little looser on entry and I want the car to finish rotating as I pick up the throttle like it was before. Is this a side bite problem and if so how can I get it back to where it was? So far I've tried several panhard and lower link adjustments with nothing is really helping much and the car just gets tighter on entry with every thing I've tried to loosen mid corner only.

Flyin Iowan
07-13-2014, 12:45 PM
you lost weight correct? left side % is down correct? I lost 15lbs from last year so I bolted 15lbs just about chest height as im sitting in the car to the left of me between the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and left door. When I ran the American Racers and had a few races on the UMP tire all I did was change stagger. about 1 1/2" with UMP tire and about 1/2" to 3/4" with AR

Lizardracing
07-13-2014, 03:33 PM
you lost weight correct? left side % is down correct? I lost 15lbs from last year so I bolted 15lbs just about chest height as im sitting in the car to the left of me between the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and left door. When I ran the American Racers and had a few races on the UMP tire all I did was change stagger. about 1 1/2" with UMP tire and about 1/2" to 3/4" with AR

I've lost 60lbs since early April '14. I can only add weight weight to the motor plate or the right behind the driver. My car doesn't offer enough room to on the left of me.

Flyin Iowan
07-14-2014, 06:47 PM
then maybe just 25-30 behind you