PDA

View Full Version : Falcon clutch

zeroracing
07-13-2014, 05:32 PM
I am wanting to out new clutch disk in my winters falcon transmission. I have used clutch disk from something like a honda before, cost was well under half price. However, I cannot seem to find the paperwork, it was about ten years ago. Does anybody know the part numbers or what vehicle the clutch pack design started out in?

racer86
07-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Zeroracing how old is trans. just for your imfo. the newer falcon trans has different clutches than the old trans had. The new trans has less teeth and are thicker with thinner steel disc. A pack of 6 cost around $49 and the steels for a pack of 5 are around $20. Hope that helps

lazermod3
07-15-2014, 03:43 PM
I am wanting to out new clutch disk in my winters falcon transmission. I have used clutch disk from something like a honda before, cost was well under half price. However, I cannot seem to find the paperwork, it was about ten years ago. Does anybody know the part numbers or what vehicle the clutch pack design started out in?

The clutches that you are talking about are out of a 78 Honda 2 speed automatic trans.

JHobbs26
07-15-2014, 10:46 PM
hondamatic 2 speed. The honda clutch disc are not as thick as the OEM falcon's so you'll need to double stack 2 honda clutch disc. 7 friction disc and 5 steel disc. Replacing the steel disc isnt totally necessary unless they come out really gauled up.