PDA

View Full Version : quickchange ?

texas pride
07-14-2014, 10:17 PM
we are switching from a 9'' to a quickchange. my is question how much will the setup change. will my j bar be in same location. car is 4/4 dw11 on a pullbar. also whats a better option a j bar or straight panhard bar. pluses and minus on everything. thanks for the help

washeduptoo
07-14-2014, 10:23 PM
The qc pinion will be 1.5inches lower than the 9in, so if you were running the 9in center of pinion, you will need to be 1.5 inch above center of pinion on qc. Depending upon how your qc tower bracket is made vs the 9in tower bracket might have a difference in where your pull bar/dampner shock mount. Best of luck.

texas pride
07-14-2014, 11:43 PM
what would happen if I went to a straight instead of a jbar and do I need to be higher or low on the frame side ?

washeduptoo
07-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Were you running a straight bar with the 9in? What tire are you running and how long is the bar your thinking about running?

texas pride
07-15-2014, 03:29 PM
I was running a jbar 19 1/2 long. tires are American racers k704. never ran the straight bar before but ive seen a lot of ppl running them so ive been curious of the plus and minuses.

washeduptoo
07-15-2014, 07:01 PM
They can be a handful at times if track is rough or has a lot of bite in it. You will probably loose some side bite due to its will be on left side of pinion but you should gain forward drive. How long of one you plan on running. Run 5-6in of rake at the pinion on qc. I would try the jbar on the qc before going to the straight bar so you will have something to compare it to.Best of luck