PDA

View Full Version : Wiring install

Towers21
07-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Could any of you help refer me to a simple diagram. Im just not that savvy with wiring. I have Oil press with warning light, water temp ( and there is a light for it as well but I cant figure out how it works with the gauge ) and fuel pressure gauge. They are procomp autometer gauges with an autometer tach, non digital, going to an HEI. So power switch, push button starter, solenoid and gauges is all Ive got. Any help is great.

hpmaster
07-19-2014, 07:43 AM
I googled pro comp autometer gauges wiring diagrams and there were quite a few pics. I also googled Images for quick car gauge wiring and got a bunch of good diagrams. I used Quick car stuff on my last few cars, I doubt any or much difference but between those two brands, I am sure you will get it figured out, the first time it just looks harder than it is. My son installed car stereos for about 5 years and got me into soldering and shrink tubing all conections a few years back, makes it all bullet proof for sure. Use grommets and take your time and clean up the routing before you call it done. I have seen a several of cars have electrical problems because of poor workmanship and leaving what looks like a rats nest when they were done.

Towers21
07-19-2014, 10:20 AM
I too have looked at these diagrams and maybe to somone who has a general understanding it makes sense. I can fab an entire chassis and design suspenions but wiring needs to be elementary at this stage. If I can find good info then I will certainly hold onto to it. Thanks for the reply

racin6mod
07-20-2014, 07:52 PM
afco used to have a very simple set up using a 4 prog trailer plug system worked great try them.