PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help!!!

Towers21
07-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Could any of you help refer me to a simple diagram. Im just not that savvy with wiring. I have Oil press with warning light, water temp ( and there is a light for it as well but I cant figure out how it works with the gauge ) and fuel pressure gauge. They are procomp autometer gauges with an autometer tach, non digital, going to an HEI. So power switch, push button starter, solenoid and gauges is all Ive got. Any help is great.

backspace
07-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Look up Auto meter site,,they used to have on site diagrams

Towers21
07-19-2014, 02:19 PM
I have before posting on here. What I saw was vauge, at least to me, descriptions on what to do for individual gauges. Im completely at ease with chassis and suspension design but not electrical work.

racer67x
07-19-2014, 09:11 PM
mount your solenoid under the dash,run a hot wire from one side to the battery and power everything from that post..run the other side to the starter so you can trip it with the button.
just make sure you use heavy enough wire for the hot and ground.

Towers21
07-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Ok and the front small post? What about the 3 gauges, warning lights, sensors and the switches. Trip it with the button does not tell me anything? I dont think everyone is realizing that this is just plain greek to me. I just need a diagram, however what I have found is speratic and presumes the person doing the work knows all the basics. Thanks for the reply

Eamsnewbie
07-31-2014, 08:41 PM
Did you find what you needed

Towers21
08-09-2014, 09:14 AM
I did and plan on making a diagram and posting it. Thanks

ledfootproducts
04-17-2015, 05:00 PM
If you want to brighten up your gauges we recommend using out eXtreme LED bulb!

Check then out here: http://www.ledfootproducts.com/product/extreme-led-bulb/