PDA

View Full Version : Shock guys

dirtdiggerracing
07-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Question is for the shock gurus !! If you build a canister afco shock with out any bleed in the main piston stack will it make the car act stiff!! If you build 2 shocks with different stacks & they show same numbers on the dyno will they react the same on the track or can they react different ?? Thanks for any info you can reply or pm me !!

grt74
07-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Question is for the shock gurus !! If you build a canister afco shock with out any bleed in the main piston stack will it make the car act stiff!! If you build 2 shocks with different stacks & they show same numbers on the dyno will they react the same on the track or can they react different ?? Thanks for any info you can reply or pm me !!

if you dyno them and have the same #s,they should act the same,keep in mind if there the same at 3" and not the same at 6" its not the same shock(thats just a quick example)there are a ton of variables in building a shock

grt74
07-20-2014, 12:28 AM
i will say this the best thing i ever did was to learn shocks and how they worked(but you will have to know the racecar too its not all in the shocks)